Monday, June 6, 2011

The mind, body and soul

This is a poem I wrote for charity
I didn't work at it at all
It took my less than 10 minutes to write - so this is just a rough draft
It needs a lot of work

For there was once a body who had no soul
And a mind who had no body
There story goes like this
It was quiet complicated with lots of twists

Body:
I am weak
I decay
For I have no reason to exist
My body does not move
Vessel of nothingness
If only I had a soul some life to breath with me
I might just be something worth living

Mind:
I sit here alone
Intelligent but disclosed
I know all
I am all
But without touch, without feeling, without something to control
I am more worthless than any human thing

Soul:
I shall strike a deal
Only once I shall say
For it is I
The life, The love, The tranquility of worlds
I bring not power For I have no body
I bring not strength of mind For I have my own free will

But I do bring hope
That is all you need
But I do bring spirit
That is all you seek
But I do bring love
That is;
If you need it

I shall go with you Body
And face life head on
For without you
I only lay
A soul rested in the ground

I shall go with you Mind
And face life logically on
For without you
I only blabber words
Without meaning
Words
Without cause

So you see
This is the story of how no one could live alone
And I hope you understand
That without a mind, body or soul
There is nothing
Nothing of greatness
Nothing of life

So count your blessings
And just be
You still have a life to live
Others;
Not so lucky

Don’t be foolish
Be wise
Don’t be ruthless
Be kind
Don’t be a snob
Be humble

Doesn’t this make you glad?

So yeah.
Tell me what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment